About the Role
The Automotive Emissions and Safety Inspector Role
- As an Automotive Emissions and Safety Inspector at Speedemissions, you will perform vehicle emission testing and/or automobile safety inspections as per the requirements of the State of Missouri Highway Patrol for cars, pick-up trucks, SUV’s & mini-vans.
Automotive Emissions and Safety Inspector Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of automotive exp. with an oil/lube store, tire store, auto repair shop, car dealer or a 2- year automotive tech certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission
- Missouri State Emission Certified Inspector is a plus. Will train and sponsor for State of Missouri Emission Certification
About the Company
Speedemissions has been providing fast and friendly emissions testing for more than 20 years. Our company was founded in January 2001 and since has grown to 19 stores and 3 mobile testing units. To date, Speedemissions has performed over 2.5 million vehicle emission inspections and nearly 1.25 million vehicle safety inspections.
Speedemissions was among the first companies in the U.S. to develop the "Vehicle Test Only" store model. This test only model means that the emission testing store does not repair cars that fail the emission and/or safety inspection, nor does it offer any other repair services such as oil changes, brakes or mufflers.
This model keeps quality customer service and convenience at the forefront of our business. By not compromising the emission test to sell needless repairs, Speedemissions focuses solely on the accuracy of the test and the speed with which it's conducted.